Last week I have been to Dublin (Ireland) and especially the taxi drivers proudly mentioned all the famous sons & daughters of their city. I tried to remember as many as I could, so here they are:
1) Bono: lead singer of U2 and political activist
2) Oscar Wild: author and poet and many of you might have come across his masterpiece “The Importance of Being Earnest”
3) Colin Farrell: I guess especially the girls among you know this actor
4) Jonathan Swift: he was not only the Dean of St. Patrick’s Cathedral, but also wrote “Gulliver’s Travels”
5) Bram Stoker: you might not know him but his creation: Dracula
6) Arthur Guinness: you might forget him, but you will remember the beer
7) Bob Geldorf: singer and Live Aid organizer
8) Ronan Keating: singer and another one for the girls
9) James Joyce: author of “Ulysses” and claimed to be the world’s most famous Dubliner and is celebrated annually on the 16th June.
And who is the guy in the picture? I don’t know him. The first one to tell me wins a print of a picture posted on mwttl.com of his/her choice.